Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Are you enjoying our travels? Australia anyone?


World Quilting Travel Adventure
These past many months, we have really racked up the airline miles with our World Quilting Travel Adventure. We have visited Oregon, Hawaii, Canada, England, and Israel and had absolutely no jet lag whatsoever!

I've had a great time designing and creating each of the souvenirs for you. Sadly, I've heard from only a few of the 28 original folks who signed on to travel with me, but I am happy that a few of you continue to let me know that you are making the souvenirs and are enjoying our visits throughout the world. I  may cut our travels short but for now, I am planning to continue our journey as planned.

I'm on the homestretch of machine quilting my Israel souvenir. I always underestimate just how long it takes me to machine quilt. I did finish quilting the hoopoe yesterday but it took me days to do him. Yep, I'm definitely a turtle quilter. I have the branch left to quilt and then I'm ready to square it up and put the facing on. This one will not have a traditional binding because I don't want the binding to detract from the piece.

However, I have been thinking about our next destination and ideas have been bouncing around in my head like crazy. I have to make myself stop thinking about it or I would never finish this souvenir! When you get close to finishing a project, does your mind start to drift onto the next project before it should? Come on....I can't be the only one....can I?

It will be a while before you get to see anything or receive the pattern, but I've decided that we must ALL go to Australia! This country is so diverse that it was hard for me to narrow down just one area to study, but I found it and you are going to love, love, love it or let's be Australian and say this next souvenir is going to be fully sick! LOL I am loving learning some Australian English Phrases.

Let's go sew!


2 comments:

  1. I am still on board although I am stuck in Israel at present and need to do something about it quick before our next destination. Being an Aussie I am interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished Hawaii. I am to the stage of appliquéing the blossoms to Oregon. I am slower than turtle speed!!! I too am having fun. As I'm nearing the finish of a project, I think more about what I am tackling next; but, another project is always on my mind. Sometimes, I get stuck and need to work on another project while I decide how I am going to get unstuck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...